Re: [oletrucks] eveyone ok?

To: "Al & Judy" <cayfords@oxford.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] eveyone ok?
From: "R.B. Smith" <rsmith@nckcn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 21:21:55 -0500
 I appologize for being off topic.  Well we are ok in Beloit Kansas (140
miles northewest of Wichita)   but have been in tornado watches for 4 nights
in a row.  There have been numerous tornado warnings all around us also.  My
2 siters in law live in the wichita area (1 in Derby and 1 in Wichita
itself)  neither one sustained any damage.  One is an Xray tech at the V.A.
hospital and could not get to work due to all the downed power poles and
line all over the streets.  Whole neiborhoods were leveled and at least 5
were killed.  Wichita has a pupulation of 300,000 people.  Please send your
prayers there way.  We did see a tornado forming yesterday about 4:00PM
where we live 10 miles southwest of Beloit but It never did touch down.. In
1992 however we did get a direct hit which leveled my Garage/Shop uprooted
or snapped off like toothpicks 200 year old 50 foot pine and cedar trees
that were 2 to 3 feet in diameter, blew out windows in the house and ripped
part of the roof and all the shingels off of the house.  .  I am planning on
adding a new page to my website called Tornado Alley or something like that.
I will be posting some pics of the devastation from that years tornado.  and
some from this years wichita tornado.

Bartman
rsmith@nckcn.com
OutStandingInMyField