[oletrucks] chemical stripping is bad news

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] chemical stripping is bad news
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:51:40 +0000
I know it works but I won't get near the stuff.  It's bad for you and
it's bad for the ecosystem (which we are part of so we are back to
being personally affected).  There are alternatives. I thought that
an experienced blaster could do the job without warping the metal?

But, I am not an experienced body man. I'll tell you what, before
I either use or let someone else use and dispose of that chemical
crap in the trash that goes to my groundwater, kills my soil that I
depend on for clean food, I would rather let my truck rust.  That
stuff is hideous.  I'd rather ride a horse.

(I realize that I am laying myself wide open for criticisms and I
hesitate to even send this post but I have 2 little kids and,
especially living in Houston-chemical central- AND as a conservation
biologist - we all consume way too many chemicals in our daily lives.
But flame me if you must)