Re: [oletrucks] Speaking of Gauges......

To: Advdesign1@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Speaking of Gauges......
From: THE REIDS <reidx4@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:07:23 -0700

Advdesign1@aol.com wrote:

> <<
>  > I also think that when the 90mph speedos started coming out (for 235
>  > optioned trucks) that the gauges were also upped to 60psi.  I just bought
>  > NOS gauge cluster & it already had 0-60psi, 220F & -50 to +50 amps (vs. D
>  > C). >>
>
> the 90 mph gauge came before the 235 in small trucks. Jim Carter has it
> documented in his catalog. That -50to+50 amps was for GMC only, and GMC says
> fuel where chevy says Gas.  I still haven't seen an electric temp gauge for
> AD, but I'm sure I will.  I wonder if it is in the GMC shop manual.
> Bob ADler

>From the GMC Maintenance Manual 1947-1954 Models 100 thru 400.
Water Temperature Indicator
     "Two types of temperature indicators are used.  the electric type indicator
is used on series F350-24.  All other series have the capillary tube type
indicator..."
The book doesnt explain what a series F-350-24 is.  I think it must be pretty
big though.

Jim Reid
'53 GMC
Series 100-22 (half ton)