[oletrucks] transporting parts

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] transporting parts
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 20:47:01 -0500
After searching for over 13 months, today I found the proverbial "needle
in the haystack"; a new drive shaft, U- joint and rear end (all stock)
for my 24 Chevy 1 ton ( I realize that a 24 is a little old for the
list, but if it helps I still have my 40 and 49, and am getting a 48
canopy express). The problem is that I am in Texas and the goods are in
New York, near the border of Vermont.
Basically what I bought was a rolling chassis, a couple of spare engines
and other misc. parts, and I need to figure out a way to get them here.
Any ideas? I wouldn't mind driving up and renting a trailer, but that's
about a 5 day  round trip. Anyone know of a common carrier that will
ship this stuff, or any other way to get it here (inexpensively)? Anyone
on the list from up that way coming to Texas any time soon (I'll pay for
all your gas, food and lodging to and from, plus rent the trailer). I
never would have agreed to get this stuff under normal circumstances,
but you cant believe how incredibly rare these things are. Thanks for
any help.
Brad