[oletrucks] Hood Birds

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Hood Birds
From: JWSuther1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 10:57:24 EDT
Hi Everyone  -  Couple of questions on Hood Birds.  I have two that I
recently acquired from a gentleman in Walnut Cove, NC who is in the process
of crushing 400 plus cars and trucks on his unapproved junk yard.  Yes, there
are several AD and TF trucks in the bunch and when I found out about it over
half of them were crushed. He was really angry because the state is making
him do this and these were mostly vehicles that were driven on the property
for the last thirty years and not wrecks.  He would not sell anything but
after we talked awhile he said he would put a few Chevy trucks to the side. I
went back up there yesterday evening and he saved 1 59 Chevy step and 1 48 or
49 1 ton I believe.
Back to my question - He gave me two hood birds the first one is P/N 3731752
and also has the following stamped in a circle  Made In USA   BLC  E  the
dimensions are 10 1/2" wing tip to wing tip and 10 1/2" fuselage nose to tail
 and he said it was off of a 56 Chevy Stepside
The other is P/N3705035 and in a circle stamped Made In USA  BLC also 2 is
stamped towards the rear.  5 3/4" wing tip to wing tip and 17 1/2" fuselage
nose to tail.  He said this was off of a 55 1st series GMC.  I didn't think
they made a GMT 55 1st series???
Any help identifying these would be appreciated.

Best Regards - John Sutherland
59 Chevy short fleet