RE: [oletrucks] agnostic behavior and ritualized combat in the

To: Ryan Border <rborder@fcxena.fc.hp.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] agnostic behavior and ritualized combat in the
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 19:14:47 -0600

Actually, I think this thread is very closely related to the "ole trucks".
Consider the similarities and symbiotic (nice word, eh)  relationships between
my '50 EL panhead and my '53 Chevy 1/2 ton:

1) I have to kick both to get them started
2) Both lose parts as you drive down the road, although it is easier to use the
truck to pick up the pieces of the cycle rather than the other way around.
3) One or the other is running, but never both at the same time
4) If I park my broken '50 EL pan head in the bed of my broken'53 Advance
Design,I can get both of them in the garage at the same time
5) Both drip oil like Old Faithful spouts water
6) Both require copious amounts of time, money and wifely understanding

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com

Ryan Border <rborder@fcxena.fc.hp.com> on 05/11/99 03:56:41 PM

Please respond to Ryan Border <rborder@fcxena.fc.hp.com>