[oletrucks] Found a "Rambler" house for my AMC cars...also, tools, '64

To: amc-list@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu
Subject: [oletrucks] Found a "Rambler" house for my AMC cars...also, tools, '64
From: GremlinGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 22:39:02 EDT
  Well, I was called up by a lady who I had met before when working for an
auctioneer...she wanted me to do an appraisal on her black '64 Corvette coupe
for her lawyer. So, I went over and once again drooled over it. I appraised
it at about a #2 condition around $26k. Also has extra motor and knock-off
wheels. She'll probably have to sell it, too. She also has a 68? Pontiac GTO
in the garage, along with 2 other vehicles....ah, the garage! Heated, air
conditioned, stand-up air compressor, outdoor stairway to the attic storage!
She let her husband build it the way he wanted when they first bought the
house...man, I'd love to own this property! The house is nice, too, with a
big rec room, copius amounts of space... she said if she can't afford to stay
there, she'll give me first wack at buying the place ( 165k current market
value ). Well, anyway, she's going thru a nasty divorce, and has to find the
value of all "his" stuff, as he's saying its not worth much ( yah, like
Snap-on and Craftsmen tools aren't worth much, LOL) so she's got a list 13
pages long of all the tools in the garage. She would like, if anyone is
seriously interested in them, to put in a "notarized" bid to send to her
lawyer so her husband will have to pay out to get them back if he really
wants them. I can mail/fax the list to anyone serious about it. The place is
off of I-95 below Washington DC in Woodbridge, VA area. I'll list a few of
the things on the list, and the current assessed value by the auctioneer :

        Standing Snap-on Tool box on rollers, 55" high 26" wide, 20" deep
        two sections, top 9-drawer, bottom 7-drawer,  -  $1675

        Stanley Vidmar Tool cabinet 59" high, 30" wide, 27.5" deep - $700

        Craftsman Toolbox, 56" high, 33" wide, 18" deep on rollers  -  $???

        Air tools:

        Snap -on 1/2" air impact - $268
        Ingersol Rand 3/8 air impact - $170
        Mac 1/2" air impact wrench extended shank - $160

        Misc. Machines :

        Milwaukee heavy duty electric grinder set w/case - $240
        LIncoln 225 amp arc welder - $205
        Snap on puller set # CJ2000SB - $2150
        Jet 5-ton press w/crv punches for press - $820

  And, this is just the tip of the iceberg! there's multiple sets of
Craftsman and Snap-on socket sets, from 1/4" to 1", some Proto, NAPA, and
Rigid tools, as well as others...but I'd say about 80% of the hand tools are
either Snap on or Craftsman. So, if there are any serious bidders out there,
I'll be happy to fax the list to you to look over IF YOU'RE SERIOUS, or scan
it and send it in email form.  and you can contact the lady yourself if you
want. Her name is Teresa, and her phone # is (703 ) 491-1806 in Woodbridge,
VA. Tell her Jerry Casper forwarded the info to you if you do.
   I hope I get the chance to buy her house if it comes available, not that I
want to push her out <grin>...it has a drive-thru door in the back wall, so
you can pull a car into the back yard to work on it on a concrete pad. The
yard is all pea gravel, so no grass to cut ( very shady! ). it's  a "working
garage", you can open the doors on the vehicles without hitting the other
cars...I tell ya, the guy had it good! My girlfriend is hot to see the house
herself, as is her son...of course it being a "Rambler" home doesn't hurt,
either! LOL. Well, I can dream...it's on the corner of a secluded cul-de-sac
with power lines behind, so there's alot of privacy, and the neighbors aren't
nosy worthless varmints who hate old-car nuts. So, if I get the chance and
can swing it, this is one Rambler I'm definitely nuts about to buy! Well,
thanks for reading this, and if anyone is rich enough to want to bid on the
tools, just let me or Teresa know. Thanks,

Jerry Casper
Hoping for a "Rambler"