Re: [oletrucks] fuel economy?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, samuelquincy@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] fuel economy?
From: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 22:03:44 CST
I had a friend in High School with a 60 Chevy 1/2 ton 235 CI. He only got about
10MPG. Look at the rear end if you want to improve it much. My '54 Chevy 3600
only got about 9MPG according to the previous owner. My Dad's old F*$d only got
11MPG for a 1959 with a 292CI. Real Old Trucks are made to carry loads, go
slow, and get poor mileage! Just ask some of the other guys what they get with
stock rear ends. The mileage should not vary much unless you get a 3:08 for the
rear axle.