[oletrucks] Valves for a 235ci

To: "Ole' Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Valves for a 235ci
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:52:39 -0700
I was in talking to a local machinist today (non-Ole'truck business), and
he had a 235ci head that he was doing some work on.  He was in the process
of installing new valves, seats and milling the head.  He told me a story
that I was a little skeptical about, but some of you 235ci/6 guys might
want to check out.  He told me that the valves out of a late 80's 6 cyl.
Chevy will fit perfectly in a 235ci., and that they are hardened to take
unleaded fuel.  He couldn't tell me which 6-cyl. that they came out of (the
customer brought the parts in), but he said it was an 86 or 87 full size
truck and thought it might be either the 292ci or the 4.3L V-6.  Just a
thought for those of you that are going to be rebuilding a motor in the
near future.  Good luck.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco