[oletrucks] Window Setting Tape and Manifolds

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Window Setting Tape and Manifolds
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 08:40:11 -0700
Is the shop manual correct in that the glass setting tape (for the door glass)
is to be soaked in oil prior to installing the black steel trim on the glass?
I don't like getting oil on my newly painted trim and new glass....but if
that's what I'm supposed to do, I'll do it.  Any other tips or ideas for a
successful installation?  It looks like a very tight fit.

Also, for you Inline's out there, I've installed Fenton's and an Offy on my 261
and snugged down all the bolts.  I've ground at least a half inch off the
inside bottom corner of the Offy to clear the rear Fenton (per the
instructions).  I can't slip a piece a paper between the two manifolds (in one
spot between the rear Fenton and intake - front is ok) indicating they are
touching.  I'm fairly sure that the manifolds are seated properly (realizing
there is a chance they may not be), but I think the Offy is starting to get a
little thin on the edge I've ground.  My concern is expansion during a hot run
and breaking off one of the tabs off the Fentons.  Can anyone comment on their
Fenton/Offy installs?  Any tips?  Are touching manifolds ok?  Also, what's the
consensus on heating the Offy....exhaust or coolant?  Half the Inline's say
exhaust (no cross flow, though) and half say coolant (great cross flow, lower
temperature, though).  Any experience out there, good or bad?

Thanks for the help.

Allen
'50 3100