[oletrucks] Air cleaner (for sale/trade?)

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Air cleaner (for sale/trade?)
From: "Paul W. Franchina" <pfoxtrot@gate.net>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 13:13:34 -0400
I picked up an air cleaner at a local swap meet a few weeks ago. It's an
oil bath unit about 8" in diameter and about 8" tall. I was told it came
off a 59 chevy truck with a one barrel carburetor. After going thru the
whole procedure of restoring it to tip top condition (degrease, bead blast,
prime, paint and new sticker) I find it doesn't fit my carb (boy do I feel
stupid!). The attachment neck is 2.7" inside diameter while my carb's about
3"OD at the top. I'd like to trade this unit with someone who has the same
type unit but with the proper mounting size. Alternatively I'll sell it
outright and just keep searching for the right one. Was there a carb change
between 58 and 59 or maybe I have the wrong carb on my buddy? I thought I
had found what I was looking for when I bought this and never figured it
was not right until I went to mount it. Once you stop laughing, let me know
if you can help.

Paul W. Franchina
pfoxtrot@gate.net
& Boris: 1958 Chevrolet Apache 3100 Stepside