Re: [oletrucks] Interesting item on eBay web site item#103618819: 1948 C

To: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>, "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Interesting item on eBay web site item#103618819: 1948 Chevy Thriftmaster, Hucksters truck Rare
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <pennellkd@f-a-s-t.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 09:15:51 -0400
Just for info.  RE: The term "Huckster"

My first job was with one of the few remaining -then- "Hucksters" in
Pittsburgh PA.  I was 11, and we sold fresh produce (fruits and vegetables)
out of the back of an old Chevy panel.  We'd hit the produce yards downtown
in the "wee" hours of the AM, I'd watch all the haggling and dickering over
bulk prices.  Then we'd load up, and run regular routes throughout the city
each day.  It was my job to deliver orders to the door, and sell fruit
baskets, etc.  Remember hearing the echoes of the cries, "Fresh
Strawberries!"  "Cherries!".  Did that for 3 years.  Great  experience.
Loved riding in that old truck!  Herb Levine, and Lou, wherever you are...
God bless.

Kevin
59' Apache 38/NAPCO