Re: [oletrucks] How to remove a steering wheel

To: "Tim Lloyd" <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>, "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] How to remove a steering wheel
From: "Rob & Margie J." <rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 18:20:02 -0700
Not a problem. You can get a steering wheel puller at any autoparts store.
Shouldn't cost more than $10-$15.  You simply push two bolts through the
slots in the puller, then thread them into the holes in the steering wheel.
Next, thread the large center bolt through the center hole in the puller,
then torque it down until the steering wheel pops loose.  Before torquing,
liberally coat the center shaft with a penetrating oil to ensure it moves as
easily as possible as you don't want to damage the center shaft.  Also make
sure the side bolts are even length so you have even pressure on the center
shaft.

That's all there is to it.

Rob