[oletrucks] What's in a name?

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] What's in a name?
From: "Graham Nott" <thenotts@wolfenet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:42:42 -0700
>     Ever since I got my Panel I've heard a 100 different names for it.
>     Bel-Air-Bob, (who I got my Panel from BTW) and I talked about this a
> while back. It's been called a van, delivery, delivery van, bus, etc.
> etc. But today I had a guy see it that is into early model Chevys, I say
> that cause I didn't expect a problem from him. But to my surprise, after
> all this time I learned what I've been working on is a Nomad!

OK folks correct me if I am wrong but I thought a "Nomad" was the early to
mid fifties Chev two door wagon.  Only the wagon with the slanted B pillar
qualified as a true Nomad though, the straight B pillar model was just a
Chev wagon.  My brother (a TRUE motorhead) corrected me once long ago.

BTW, did you ever see the Tool Time episode where Tim (The Tool Man Taylor)
borrows his wife's bright red Nomad and takes it to a construction site?
You probably know the story. . .  Tim ends up crushing the car by dropping a
HUGE I-beam on it.  Well, when you see Tim drive up to the site it's in a
true Nomad.  But just before this beautiful car gets wasted you get a long
shot of a different car with a straight B pillar.  They probably found a
junker and painted it up real nice and figured no one would notice.  I
didn't mind too much. . . I couldn't stand to see a real Nomad crushed like
that

Graham

"Chance is irrelevant. . . we WILL succeed"
                                                   --Seven of Nine