[oletrucks] Must*ng II IFS question

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Must*ng II IFS question
From: "Jerry Balcom" <jbalcom@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 22:57:47 -0700
Does anyone know if there are problems putting the Heidt's Must. II
crossmember in with an inline six?  I have a GMC 228 in a '49 3600 and would
like to finish the frame/suspension redo before the 327/400 setup is ready.
(The 10 bolt posi rearend worked out real nice but the front end looks a
little off - even though the frame is level).  I think I remember a thread
about clearance problems w/out substantial mods. with the 235 six, but I
think the dimensions on the 228 are different.  Mainly it's that the
complete front end, tilt column and custom wood steering wheel are "burnin'
a hole" in my shop.
Thanks to any words of experience in advance.
Jerry B.
'49  3600