[oletrucks] Rear Window Installation

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear Window Installation
From: "Mac Kinghorn" <kinghorn@granite.mb.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 16:39:33 -0400
Several members have written with concerns about the window rubber bumping
up in the radiuses of the window opening.  When I was installing both my
rear window and windshield I had the help of a Bodyman neighbor and my
windows went in without any bumping up or rippling of the rubber.  There are
two things that must be done to prevent this.  Firstly the window rubber
must be stretched tight through the radius and secondly lots of soapy water
or virtually pure dish soap must be used when the window is being installed
into the groove.  If you do this you should not have any trouble with the
rubber and you will find that the window goes in rather easy.  One comment
regarding hard windows to install I would rather do the back window anytime
over the windshield.  I found the windshield to be a real pig to put in,
probably because it was so hard to reach all the way around.

Keep on truckin

Mac
52 Chev 1300 - and it's on the road again for the summer!!!!!!!!!!