Re: [oletrucks] NAPCO's as Daily Drivers

To: "Schorn, Tim" <SchornT@ci.fort-worth.tx.us>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] NAPCO's as Daily Drivers
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <pennellkd@f-a-s-t.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 18:11:06 -0400
Mine made the commute 35 miles to, and 35 miles from, starting a month after
I dug her out of the field.  Over a year with nary a burp.  Never left me
hangin'.  I'll admit that I worked on her at the house religiously, getting
bugs out.  (I always carried tools, parts and duct tape, but never needed
them on the road!)  I've since moved from Texas to Virginia, and now I don't
have access roads or back roads to drive on.  Poor thing's top end won't
allow any interstate cruising, so she's become a weekend rambler/project.
She's un-restored  and very rough, but mechanically sound.  These beasts are
like the energizer bunny.  They keep going, and going, and going...  Has her
own drums too, just like the bunny-(Rod's knocking'!)  Don't abuse em', or
wind them up tight for extended periods.  Do your preventive maintenance,
and... enjoy them backroads!!  (Better include this---  Gas mileage?  What's
that???)

Kevin
59' Apache 38/NAPCO (5.14's in the axles)
(I still can't drive 55!!!)