[oletrucks] Rear differential

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear differential
From: "Graham Nott" <thenotts@wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 09:04:10 -0700
Hi folks,

For some reason I don't seem to be able to post to this group from home.
Just in case it did work and I just missed it please excuse the dupe
question.

I am ready to reassemble the rear dif on my '46 1.5 ton Chev and the parts
have been sitting for about 2 years.  There is some surface rust which I
would like to clean off before re-assembly.  I was going to just clean with
steel wool and a solvent.  Someone on another list told me NOT to use
gasoline.  Any tips, tricks or other advice on what to use as a solvent?
Any thoughts on whether the steel wool might leave metal bits inside the dif
case?

Thanks

Graham
'46 1.5 ton
"Chance is irrelevant. . . we WILL succeed"
                                                   --Seven of Nine