[Fwd: [oletrucks] non-truck ??]

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fwd: [oletrucks] non-truck ??]
From: Brinkman <brinkman@warwick.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 22:12:40 -0400

--------------75A76A0734C5

The first thing I would do is ditch that Holly and go to a new or good
rebuilt Q jet and see what happens.It might not cure you,but I bet
you'll feel better!!
                        Tommy

--------------75A76A0734C5

From: "dave p" <my51truck@hotmail.com>
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] non-truck ??
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 18:29:32 PDT
Sender: owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net

I have a chevy 350 in my 67 nova and it is running TERRIBLE. <missing,
sputtering, and even an occasional backfire. I set my timing at 8 before
TDC, dwell at 30, and adjusted the carb (600 holley). It helped for a day or
two, then it was even worse. I checked my timing again, days later, and it
was somewhere near 18-20. I took a vacuum reading and it was steady around
12, down from 17-18.

With these symptoms what do I need to repair, adjust, or replace. I am
thinking it may be the timing chain. If it is, what is the worse that can
happen if I continue driving it. If it breaks, will my valves hit the
pistons.  I am asking you knowledgable folks before giving up and going to a
shop (something I hate doing)

Thanks,

Dave P
51 half ton