Re: [oletrucks] Wheels for '49 Chevy

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wheels for '49 Chevy
From: AKAMF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 13:11:41 EDT
In a message dated 5/25/99 1:06:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dan_graves@am.exch.hp.com writes:

<< 'm fairly new to old truck ownership and a first time oletruck digest user.
 I have a '49 3/4 ton Chevy that is in real good condition but has later
 style wheels on it.  I'd like to get the original style 8-lug wheels with
 the tabs for the hubcaps (9" dia I think).  I'm in the Sacramento area, any
 ideas on where to find some?

Dan,
I've got a 55/2nd 3/4 ton daily driver and I am about to switch my tires and
rims.  They are 8 bolt 17" split rims and the highway type tires are in fair
shape, but probably pretty old.. If I remember correctly the tires can take
aroung 70psi. If it sits for a couple days it takes a mile or so to round
them out.  They have chrome caps 11" in diameter that snap onto ridges, not
the clips.  If this is what you're looking for, drop me a line. I'm in Orange
Co, CA.
  You can see the rims at my website.
http://members.aol.com/akamf/beater.html

Brian  (akamfmf@aol.com)