Re: [oletrucks] Road Trip

To: greyhawk2@earthlink.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Road Trip
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:44:57 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/99 9:55:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
greyhawk2@earthlink.net writes:

<< Last weekend My son and I went up to Merced, CA to collect the two 58 GMC's
 that I got on Ebay. 300 mi. My son's truck is a 58 Chevy with a SB 350/ 400
 turbo. He pulled a big car trailer with it to haul one back, I was to drive
 the other. Well the "running one" had been sitting for God knows how long
  it had '98 tags on it).  We put gas, One quart of oil, and a battery in it.
 It started up and I drove it the 300 mi. home with no problems. it didn't
 Evan use any oil ! I guess those trucks just won't quit.

 BTW, someone asked about a parking light, I've lost the note, in any case
 there's only one parking light between the two trucks (RH) and it has a
 broken lense.

 Ben Bennett
 55 2nd
 58 GMC
 58 GM >>

  Hey Ben,

  What did you end up paying for those?  I saw them too, but when I mentioned
it to my better half, a big frown came over her face.
  So then I thought, okay, I'll buy them and atke them to my Dad's place
(about 40-50 miles from Merced), so when I asked him about storing them, he
started bringing up all the other stuff I still have piled up there, needless
to say I didn't bid on them.

Mike