Re: [oletrucks] best road service?

To: "Jeff Wilson" <Jeff_Wilson@unctv.org>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] best road service?
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 06:41:12 -0400
Too True....though this can vary with the part of the country you happen to
be in, as AAA is actually a group of regional auto clubs, and some are
better than others. One solution is to pay a few extra $$ for towing
coverage on your comprehensive auto coverage, then your insurance will
reimburse you for any towing expense. This is fine if you are local and
happen to know which tow company to call, but little help when you are
broken down away from home.

I tried to research auto clubs for comparison purposes, but didn't have much
luck on doing web searches for this info. These clubs don't have much, if
any, web presence.
My E-mails to AAA went unanswered. It's still a concern of mine as I am
planning a summer road trip in my ole truck, and would really feel better
knowing there is an 800 number I can call from anywhere to get roadside
help. I even bought a cigarette lighter socket to install, so I can power a
cell phone (about the only legitimate use for these miserable devices!)

Jack / Winter Park FL