Re: [oletrucks] 17" tires

To: tmobrien@juno.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 17" tires
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 06:28:07 EDT
Last year we couldn't find any sources for 7.50-17 traction tires.  they
should fit on rims with 700-17 now.  If they were stored well, 20 year old
tires should be OK, but would probably not give the service of a fresh tire.
they will ship UPS individually.
I would ask owner to guaranty no age cracks, no dry rot.
Bob ADler
<<
 Was the availability of 17" traction tires ever determined?   I have a
 1960 Apache K-20 with 7.00x17" lock rims.  I did find some web sites
 indexed on autopedia.net (?) and found some 7.50x17" tires though they
 weren't traction tires. Will 7.50x17" fit my rim?  Anyway there is a NORS
 pair of 7.50x17"  Tractionite tires on Ebay now, though they are from
 1978, and don't know how one might have them shipped. Thanks for your
 help.