RE: [oletrucks] Starter Problems

To: gaonarlt@uswest.net, "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Starter Problems
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 07:53:43 -0600
Robert,
I'd check that you are getting spark at the plugs first of all.  Seems
like the only thing that isn't new is the coil....  Are you running the
original carb on that 235?  The Rochester Model B only has two
adjustments - idle mixture and idle speed.  I had the float stick on my
56 - 235 a while back.  It ran (barely) enough to get it home.  Gas was
pouring out of the carb.  Rebuilt it myself.  These carbs are stone-age
simple, so I'd recommend getting a rebuild kit from NAPA and doing it
yourself.  Assuming it is the carb that is.
Mike