[oletrucks] crossmember question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] crossmember question
From: "dave p" <my51truck@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 06:56:36 PDT
I am installing a 292 inline 6 in my '51. Over the weekend I finally got my
frame mounts fabricated and installed. I got a little anxious and did a test
fit only to discover that the original crossmember that held the rear of the
216 is in the way of the th350 tranny.

My question, or questions:

1. Can I completely remove it and replace it with a newer tranny
crossmember, or

2. Should I trim it so the tranny will slid past it and still install the
newer crossmember?

3. Will removing the old one weaken the frame?

If any of you can help it would be greatly appreciated. Especially if you
haven't installed a clip, or IFS crossmember.

Thanks,

Dave
'51 long term project