[oletrucks] 58 wrecker

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 58 wrecker
From: MPHUDAK@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 16:24:36 EDT
Hey everyone, today I was getting a catalytic converter on my truck and
noticed behind the muffler shop a 58 wrecker.  Got talking to the owner and
he told me he is willing to let it go for $1200.  He also has 4 new tires to
go with it.  It appears to be complete, except for the head lights.  The
front fenders are in fair shape, some rust in the lower back corners with
some dings.  Cab is complete, overall fair shape. Cab corners need some
attention.  Has an uncut dash with radio block out plate intact, Has 2 speed
rear, with emergency brake on the trans.  I assume it has a 4spd.  Interior
seems to be good. Not sure what engine, owner doesn't think it is a 235.  The
boom is pretty good, has dents in the back.  Appears to be complete.  Has
original cables, good shape from what I see with original hooks.  The boom is
split type, don't know if this was common, gear driven.  I only looked at it
for 10-15 mins because I got tired of pulling ticks off my legs.  Owner
warned me that they were bad in the back lot, and that he doesn't mind me
looking as long as I understood about the ticks.  If anyone is interested,
email me off line.  And please pass this along to anyone that might be
interested. Oh ya, the doors are rusted at the bottom on the lower inner edge
of the door skin.  It was parked only 2 years ago, and as usual, it ran when
parked as well as the boom.  I think it was parked because he no longer
wanted to run towing.  It was used to haul military vehicles and some
civilian trucks.  The use of this truck has been very hard, but it has been
up kept is appears.

Hudak
2-54 3100
57 3100