Vs: [oletrucks] crossmember question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Vs: [oletrucks] crossmember question
From: "Rasmus" <chevy.427@get2net.dk>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 00:26:11 +0200
-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Rasmus <chevy.427@get2net.dk>
Til: Lonnie L. Dickey <mdickey@silverback.gorilla.net>
Dato: 3. juni 1999 00:24
Emne: Sv: [oletrucks] crossmember question

Lonnie......
Well, I don´t know how tight it will fit, cuz I´m doing a frame-off restore,
and for now I only have the frame put together.
I do have some pictures, both from before and now, let me know if you want
them, and I´ll e-mail them.

Here is a little info about what I´m trying to put together:
When I first started to restore this old lady, I only wanted to do some body
work. But the old 350 cui was not to good any more, so I desided to give it an
overhaul. When looking around for new cylinder heads, I stumbled over this
"newly" build 427 + th400 tranny. The PO had hat it made for his ´69 Chevy
pickup, but he used it for everyday driving, and he used the original rearend,
so you can imagine how one of his back weels "burned" when accelerating. He
then pulled it out, and let sit on the garage floor for close to 2 years.
I got in toutch with him by pure luck, he was at one of my friends house one
night, and we got talking about my project. To cut it short, he wanted to sell,
the prise was right (around $3500 for both motor and tranny), and before I knew
it I had a 427 for my pickup.
A few days later I got in touch with the man who build it, and boy was I in for
a surprise. Here is what he told me about it:

It has a 780 Holly vac., Edelbrock Torker II alu intake (I kinda knew
that!!!!), close champer rec. ported cylinder heads with BIG valves, 11:1
forged pistons, LS6 cam, forged crankshaft and mechanical dual point
distributor.
All this put together schould put out close to 475 hp. and I think it will be
just enough for the old lady, don´t you??

I, ofcause, installed a limited slip rearend, with 1:3,73 ratio, front disc
brakes + booster.

I´m really looking forward to getting it on the road, hopefully it will be
ready to roll early next summer.