Re: [oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge

To: John Maertens <mcdac@rconnect.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spastic gas gauge
From: Tim Lloyd <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 00:22:33 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, John Maertens wrote:
>     Thanks for the tip to the group. I removed my sending unit last night and
> found the same broken copper strap. I had another sending unit, so popped it
>in
> and had it fixed in minutes. I even had a 1/2 tank of gas that I didn't know
> about.
>     Is it possible to fix the strap? I made an attempt at soldering but that
> didn't work. It looks like the strap is riveted at both ends.  Anyone ever
> repair one of these?
I took a look at the possibility of soldering the strap; but since it
looked like it had already been soldered, I decided that it was worth
buying a new sender.  I suppose if you're feeling adventurous, you could
pop off those rivets and replace the strap itself, perhaps even with
something insulated.

Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org
"War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and
multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses." -Thomas Jefferson
"Do not be too moral.  You may cheat yourself out of much of life.  So aim
above morality.  Be not simply good; be good for something." -Thoreau
"...failure to terraform Mars constitutes failure to live up to our human
nature and a betrayal of our responsibility as members of the community of
life itself." -Robert Zubrin