Re: [oletrucks] Frozen pilot bushing

To: "Tony D'Angelo" <tonyd3@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Frozen pilot bushing
From: "Michael and Stephany Zaic" <mzaic@athens.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:08:05 -0400
Tony,
        Find a bolt that is just a little larger in diameter than the hole in
the
bushing and about 6" long.  Thread it into the bushing until it bottoms out
on the crank.  Tighten it a little more and the bushing "should" start
backing out along the bolt.
You may find that the end of the bolt needs to be tapered a little to get
it started.
I had pretty good luck with this method several years back on a later model
vehicle.

Good luck with it!
Michael Z.

> From: Tony D'Angelo <tonyd3@earthlink.net>
> To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [oletrucks] Frozen pilot bushing
> Date: Thursday, June 03, 1999 1:30 AM
>
> Over the weekend I took down the transmission and removed the clutch.
The