Re: [oletrucks] Deluxe Cab

To: "MIKE RAHL" <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Deluxe Cab
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 21:49:25 -0400
I asked the same question about deluxe cabs a few months ago.  The "Ol'
Pro", Bob ADler, answered the question (as usual) very well.  Below is my
question....and his reply.
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100

How can I tell if my '47 2nd Series is a Deluxe cab?  I know I've seen a
list somewhere that describes the additional features of this type cab, but
I can't seem to find it.  Didn't the Deluxe cab have a pinstripe around the
entire cab?  Were grills on the early Advance Design trucks painted or
chrome?  Was chrome optional on the Deluxe cab?  If painted, was the
pinstripe on the grill bars standard or only with the Deluxe cab?  Is this
information in any of the Chevy publications?

Bob's answer.......

During Advance Design years deluxe equipment changed from year to year.
According to 1947 Truck Data Book for Chevrolet Salesmen, option #390, De
Luxe
Cab and Equipment, consists of:
- Rear corner windows
- Bright metal windshield and door window reveals
- Door window garnish mouldings
- Seat back trim panel
- Arm rest on driver's side door
- Right side sun shade
- Chromium plated radiator grille included for series 3000 trucks.

All the truck cabs thru at least 52 had a pinstripe.  Does anyone have a
definitive answer about  factory pinstripe for 53 cabs?
Chrome grill was available separately as option 388.
Painted grilles got the pinstripe in 47 only.  Backsplash was body color for
47 only.
Most of this info is in the  free resto package from GM 800 222 1020
bob Adler