RE: [oletrucks] Progress At Last/Motor ID/Side Cover

To: Hudson29@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Progress At Last/Motor ID/Side Cover
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 09:17:14 -0600
Paul,

It appears there should be two additional characters before the 29 on
the block date code.  For example, the 235 I just pulled out of my 46
read I214.  I=September, 21=day of the month, and 4=1954, ie block
casting date of September 21, 1954.  If 9 is the last number on yours,
then it would have been cast in 1959.

As far as the stamped number, I consulted the Cars & Parts truck #'s
book.  Might the eye's be one's instead?  If that were the case then-

F=Flint Michigan
10=Month built (October)
14=Day of the month
A=235 manual transmission (sedan delivery or el camino)

Mike

<First the numbers. With the starter off, the