Re: [oletrucks] Paint

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint
From: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 00:36:12 -0700
Joe,
I used sigle stage DAU on my frame. I like this stuff, and I hear Concept is
even better. I asked the guy at the paint store about single stage vs.
BC/CC. He recommended BC/CC, for durability and shine. If you are restoring
to original, I would recommend single stage. The clear coat shine is out of
place on these oletrucks. I am toying with the idea of using single stage on
my truck with clear mixed in with the final few coats. This is a valid
procedure with most brands. It produces a harder surface that buffs better
and hold up better. I don't trust my skills enough to put on a BC/CC. I
believe mistakes are easy to fix with single stage. If you have a run or
drip, wait several days or weeks until fully cured, then sand them off with
1000 grit sandpaper. Buff, and you're done. I don't think durability is an
issue with good quality paint, good application procedures, and an
occasional wax job. All my experience is with PPG. There are many good
brands out there and all will work well if the directions are followed. For
more advice, go to http://www.autobodystore.com/abs-bin/config.pl?index