Re: [oletrucks] CAL '51 Commercial Plates?

To: Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] CAL '51 Commercial Plates?
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 23:03:27 -0500
Hudson29@aol.com wrote:

>         Whenever it is that the old '51 is ready for the road, I would
> like
> to register it with YOM (Year Of Manufacture) plates. I have had poor
> luck
> finding a pair. Has anybody got a set of CAL '51 Commercial plates
> they would
> like to sell?
>
> Paul O'Neil,
> 1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
> The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
> http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
> Fullerton, California USA
> Hudson29@aol.com
> 1959

Paul
I don't know for sure if this guy has any California plates in stock,
but he has a very large selection of Texas stuff (including a VERY rare
front radiator plate for my 24 Chevy 1 ton). If he doesn't have the
plates that you want, I bet that he can lead you to someone in your neck
of the woods that has them. The guys name, address and phone number are:

Larry Machacek
P.O. Box 515
Porter, Texas 77365
(281) 429-2505

I have no relationship with this guy other than buying things from him
(plates for my 24, 40 and 49, plus a buddy's 55), but he always has a
large crowd around his booth at local swap meets, and he seems very
knowledgeable about his hobby.
Hope this helps
Brad