Re: [oletrucks] Clutch chatter

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Clutch chatter
From: "D Chapman" <dwcsr@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 22:35:00 -0500
The type of resurfacing has alot to due with the chatter problems after the
install of a new (or rebuilt) clutch set. If the flywheel was turned on a
brake lathe most of the hard spots (hot spots) that cause chatter are still
there in the flywheel even though it feels smooth, if it was ground on a
ocilating flywheel grinder they may not have ground far enough to take out
all the hot spots. there is always the possibility that the clutch disc is
not running true. In either case the only remedy is to regrind or relpace
the flywheel and replace the disc set, and if at all possible use a
transmission jack so as not to hang the transmission on the disc spline when
getting that second grip to slide it all the way in.

DaveC