Re: [oletrucks] vin #

To: "james salley" <jamessalley@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] vin #
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 22:08:19 -0700
James-

Welcome to the list!  There are truckers here who can tell you a whole lot
more than I can about VINs, but in my case, my '50 216 engine was swapped
long ago for a '59 235.  Mine too was missing an ID plate, but I bought a
replacement one from Chevy Duty, and got the VIN off of the title, and had
it engraved on the new plate.

You mentioned 3 windows across the back.  That's what we call a 5-window.
Good luck with the new oletruck, you're going to love it!

Smokey
'50 3600 5-window