Re: [oletrucks] vin #

To: jamessalley@hotmail.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] vin #
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:04:47 EDT
If your truck is a half ton, it also has a newer transmission, driveshaft,
and rear axle.  If it is larger than half ton the driveline could be stock.
The ID plate on driver's door post was the only location for vehicle serial
number if it is a Chevy.  If GMC I'm not sure.  What numbers are on your
paperwork?  I would tend toward a repro ID plate with number stamping to
match papers.
Bob ADler
<<
 I have recently purchased my first oldtruck. The body style is 1954 with 3
 windows across the back, but according to the engine # the engine was made
 in 1956 and it has a open drive shaft. Does this mean that someone has
 change the engine and drive line? I have not been able to find the vin #.
 There is no id plate on the door post. Is there any place else on the body
 or frame were the vin # would be stamped? >>