[oletrucks] Sending unit on AD truck

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Sending unit on AD truck
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 18:29:29 -0700
Is there any way to check a sending unit, and if it isn't registering
correctly, can it be calibrated?

Mine shows either full (any position above empty), and empty (when all the
way at the bottom).  There is no in between.  I've checked all connections,
grounds etc, and am sure that this must be a faulty sending unit.  Also
hooked the sending unit up to my ohm meter, and got the same results:  All
or nothing, no in between.

I bought the unit new from Chevy Duty, so I imagine they'll replace it if
it's defective, but don't want to send it back if I can do something to get
it working.  Thanks!

Smokey
'50 3600 5-window