Re: [oletrucks] Upgrading rear springs

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, amigos@esn.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Upgrading rear springs
From: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 20:56:30 CDT
The Caravan used coil springs on the front end and leaf on the rear. Also the
only early Chevy PU trucks that had an enclosed drive shaft were 1/2 ton. The
3/4 ton had an open shaft to go to a full floating rear end. Mr. Gingles is
most likely putting more power to the rear end than a stock early model motor
put out, if my guess is correct. Traction bars will limit rear end twist and
should help out without giving excessive wheel hop. I do not know about the
rest of your message and do not have an answer. Good luck in your project. Bob
Fentress