[oletrucks] What's the original width of a '53 1/2 ton

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] What's the original width of a '53 1/2 ton
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:12:22 -0600

I have a '53 1/2 ton Chevy with a differential of unknown origin (the bearings
are the same as a '55 Bel Air...but I know that isn't very good way to identify
it).  Regardless of it's origin, I can see by the marks on the inner side of the
rear tires that they periodically rub on part of the bed-side of the inner
wheelwell.  I am wondering if the differential is too narrow.  Does anyone know
the width, backing plate to backing plate, of  the original differential?

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com