[oletrucks] Intro; ?AD overhead console

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Intro; ?AD overhead console
From: Thomas M OBrien <tmobrien@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 20:34:19 -0700
I don't think I properly introduced myself before I subscribed.  My name
is Tom OBrien and I first became interested in ole chevy trucks from my
days on the farm, though that has since past...I loved to work and "play"
on the working trucks and those that had been put out to pasture.  I
recall we had some AD trucks like a "trap wagon" (fuel truck), 1-ton
flatbed, '55 TF COE with hoist & dump bed, and a 5 window custom cab.

My question is, I recall the 5 window Custom Cab had an overhead
"cardboard" console with a speaker or radio.  Was this a factory or
dealer item, and was it a relatively rare option. Thanks for your help.

Tom O
60 Apache K-20