[oletrucks] Re: Collapsing gas tanks

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Collapsing gas tanks
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 01:49:29 -0400
Draining the tank without adding air to replace the volume can possibly
collapse the tank.  Just like filling a plastic milk jug with water and
turning it upside down quickly to empty it...you can see it collapse.
Newer cars don't need ventilated gas caps due to fuel vapor recovery
systems that involve a return line to the gas tank that allows air to
replace the gas volume.  You can also vent a "non-vented" cap by
drilling a small hole in it (1/16" - 1/8" dia or so).

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100