[oletrucks] Danbury Mint

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Danbury Mint
From: The La Fountaine Family <georgelafo@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 09:11:54 -0700
Bob and all,
I was in the same boat with Danbury Mint on another occasion.
I was restoring a 1967 VW Bug. They came out with a yellow Bug of the same
year. I called them because there are many one time differences with a '67
Bug. It is the ONLY year that had the old style bumper w/ over riders and
new style, 12 volt headlights. Their version had the old style, 6 volt
headlights. They said it was authentic, I KNEW it was not. They do not seem
to care very much about originality, they care about sales.

If they ever did a 1954 AD who knows how many things they would get wrong....

All The Best

George La Fountaine
Grandpa's 1954 Chevy 3104
Restoring to Original!