[oletrucks] doner vehicle for AD pickup

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] doner vehicle for AD pickup
From: porboy298@email.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 17:06:50 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,
 I have one more pickup in me to do. I have
changed motors, front ends, rear ends. I would like to buy a car or pickup that
I could strip the body off and replace it with
a 50 model pickup body. Then I could have the
bigger engine, the power steering, air cont,
auto, V-8 or V-6, faster rear end and brakes.
 Has anybody on the list done this?? I have a
78 Chev pickup that I could use but I know its a heck of a job to change over.
I have heard of the use of a S-10 but have never seen the results. I have
helped to put one on
a late 70s Blazer and it was a heck of a job.
Had to move firewall. I think now that we could have used the front end from a
6400  and the longer length of the hood and fenders
would have been better. I have also heard of
putting one on a midsize Chev, Olds or some
such vehicle.
 Thanks for your help.
Bill Porter