[oletrucks] Re: AD Hood Side Trim Speculation/Question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: AD Hood Side Trim Speculation/Question
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 22:49:59 -0600
Paul:

Don't bother using a die on the posts - just use standard 'speed-nuts'
like I have done. Just ask for them at your local bodywork supply store.
An alternative is to just run a coarse-thread nut over the posts since
the post material is quite soft - a die isn't really needed but can be
used if you want some extra work.

Dave Q.
'52 Chevy 1314

>From Paul O'Neil:
>I got to thinking last night that most of the old ADs I have seen around SoCal
>are missing the hood side trim that proclaims to the world that this truck is
>a Chevy. As if anybody could anybody seriously confuse it with
a Dodge of Ford!<
>Some months ago I received a pair of repop Chevy medallions and I got them out
>last night for inspection. The fasteners, a couple of cast metal posts that
>stick out are intended to be used with a couple of slide-on one
way clips making removal without destruction close to impossible.<