[oletrucks] Late Model Seat for '49 AD 1/2 Ton

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Late Model Seat for '49 AD 1/2 Ton
From: Bennett Ratliff <Bennett@HUNTPROP.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:53:06 -0500
Have a buddy who installed a late model F#*d Ranger bench seat in a '65
Chevy ½ Ton and it looked pretty good.  Does anybody know if there is a
late model bench or split bench seat that is EASILY installed in a '49?
Looking for something that will adapt to the cab without removing the
seat base (since I understand that it is structural).  The old seats
were pretty thick and I'm thinking that I can pick up some leg room and
comfort by going with a late model seat (and possibly save some money by
buying one from a salvage yard).  Has anybody done this, and if so, what
seats fit?

Bennett Ratliff
'49 AD ½ Ton (coming together slowly)
(A.K.A. the "Mistress in the Garage")