Re: [oletrucks] Late Model Seat for '49 AD 1/2 Ton

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, Bennett Ratliff <Bennett@HUNTPROP.COM>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Late Model Seat for '49 AD 1/2 Ton
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:12:15 -0700
Bennett Ratliff wrote:

> Have a buddy who installed a late model F#*d Ranger bench seat in a '65
> Chevy ½ Ton and it looked pretty good.  Does anybody know if there is a
> late model bench or split bench seat that is EASILY installed in a '49?
> Looking for something that will adapt to the cab without removing the
> seat base (since I understand that it is structural).  The old seats
> were pretty thick and I'm thinking that I can pick up some leg room and
> comfort by going with a late model seat (and possibly save some money by
> buying one from a salvage yard).  Has anybody done this, and if so, what
> seats fit?
>
> Bennett Ratliff
> '49 AD ½ Ton (coming together slowly)
> (A.K.A. the "Mistress in the Garage")

Hi Bennett,

        I know you don't want to remove the seat base, but I removed the front
part with no serious side effects on my '48. I left the piece that runs
across the rear of the cab, just ahead of the tank. The seats I used
were a 60/40 power split bench from a '79 Chrysler Lebaron 2-door. They
work great! You can see a pic of them on my website.

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy 1314 street rod
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles