[oletrucks] shipping front fender

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] shipping front fender
From: Perry Smith <perigrinefalcon@netscape.net>
Date: 28 Jun 99 11:17:38 PDT
If you want that fender to get there in one peice the I suggest not shipping
with "busterbrown" or fed-x. I work in the auto parts distribution industry
(OEM parts to the european and some pacific rim dealers.). From listening to
my client dealers and seeing the condition of the parts delivered by UPS or
fed-up I would not ship with them except for extreme desperation. Make friends
with the shipping receiving clerk at your local BMW, Mercedes, dealers, they
get their fenders and other parts in boxes that are suitable for what you need
to do. Pack it well and tape it well. Check with the "LTL"(less than a trailer
load) companies. Many of them have Minimum rates up to 100 or 200lbs also
check with Greyhound and see if they still carry parcels.

Best of luck

Falcon

http://webmail.netscape.com.