[oletrucks] Bulb Numbers

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Bulb Numbers
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:41:45 -0700
Can anyone please tell me the correct group number for the gauge illumination
bulbs (and assuming
the high beam indicator bulb is the same), and head lights for my '50 in *12V*.

In the tech section of the www.chevytrucks.org site, it says that "Beginning
around 1950, some
vehicles have a small voltage regulator behind the dash that supplies a stable
voltage supply for the
instruments....This isolates the instruments from the effects of varying
battery and generator voltage."
I also have a 6V temperature gauge (in addition to the gas gauge) I need to
drop the voltage for and
was wondering about specifics on these little regulator gizmos.  Does anyone
know about them, and
where I could get a repro or a substitution?  If not, does anyone know off the
top of their head what
value and size resistor I should use for the gas and temp gauges (I looked on
the tech site and
couldn't find it)?

Thanks,
Allen in Seattle