[oletrucks] 235 Rear Main Seal

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 Rear Main Seal
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 17:06:28 EDT
        I was reading through the '58 shop manual to see about installing a
new front and rear main seal in a '59 235. The motor is out on the engine
stand right now and is easy to get at so this seemed a good time to do it.
The manual says that only the lower half of the rear main seal can be
replaced without removing the crank.
        Is this really so? The local auto parts house supplied a nice moulded
set that I had rather thought I could sneak around the crank somehow. How
about the front seal? Can it be replaced without pulling the timing cover?

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html