[oletrucks] pto winch

To: Oletrucks Digest <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] pto winch
From: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:39:04 -0700
Hi All,

I met a guy who has a PTO winch for sale for $50 (saw it at a garage
sale); it looks really strong and has lots of cable.  He ran it off of a
Willis (dunno how to spell that) 4-WD and  a shaft came straight off the
transfer case to the front bumper.

Would this thing work on my truck, using the tranny's pto off the side,
assuming I someday find a pto output shaft and some 90 degree
converter?  I've never seen one of these installed, so I have a poor
image of how things go together under the truck.  But I want to use my
pto -- not sure why -- and definitely want a winch because mine is a
work truck and I use it for firewood.

Thanks,
Ed Miller
'58 Apache Fleetside